Michelle Resendiz – Chicago, IL.
I was a Lush virgin until recently, and I am so glad that I tried some of their handmade cosmetics I will never look back. I knew they had a store here locally on Michigan Ave, and every time I walked by the smell tickled my little ‘beauty blogger’ nose. For some reason I didn’t go in and dabble around…I put it off, and put it off until now. I think my subconscious knew that I was about to fall in love hard, and it was trying to save me from making another committed relationship to more beauty products.
We believe in making effective products from fresh, organic* fruit and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics.
We invent our own products and fragrances. We make them fresh by hand using little or no preservative or packaging, using only vegetarian ingredients, and tell you when they were made.
We believe in buying ingredients only from companies that do not commission tests on animals and in testing our products on humans.
We believe in happy people making happy soap, putting our faces on our products and making our mums proud.
We believe in long candlelit baths, sharing showers, massage, filling the world with perfume and in the right to make mistakes, lose everything and start again.
We believe our products are good value, that we should make a profit and that the customer is always right.
* We also believe words like fresh and organic have honest meaning beyond marketing
This is one of those places that you would trade in a ton of your stuff to swap it out for something better. They have so many things to choose from in their online store, and storefronts world-wide you couldn’t cover all the bases in one day. It would take days to see, smell, and try in here. I have a small list of things that I tested out and fell in love with. Let me share my thoughts with you…
No Drought Dry Shampoo Dry shampoo for “washing” without water
- Quick fix: Temporarily refreshes hair until you’ve got the time to wash it.
- Keeps you feeling fresh: The zesty, citrus fragrance keeps your mind as fresh as your mane.
- Wash wherever you go: The perfect companion for late nights and early mornings, camping, travel, music festivals and a whirlwind life!
Love love love this stuff. You pretty much can not go wrong with this at all. It smells awesome it leaves my hair volumized and smelling fresh. This was a huge hit with me, and I don’t even like dry shampoo’s!
A Million Kisses Rose hip and jojoba lip tint
- For a sparkling smile: Brush with Chou Chou…I Love You toothy tabs just before applying A Million Kisses, for a sweetly scented breath.
- Pout prep: For a super smooth tint application, scrub with your favorite lip scrub just before applying.
- Lay one on me: Your lips will be incredibly soft and ready for some wrestling, thanks to hydrating rose hip and jojoba oils.
I have never, in my life, received the compliments that this little lip tint gave me. Everyone loved it on me, and it lasted pretty nicely through my dinner. It’s a matte color which was nice, sometimes you don’t want all that tacky gloss all over the place. This is the perfect kissing product *wink wink*. And it’s made with Rose Petal Powder! How Cool is that?!
Lustre Dusting Powder Shimmery, seductive golden Dusting Powder
- Get your glow on: Makes your skin glow with a seductive gold-dust shimmer.
- Double your pleasure: Lustre shares the heady jasmine aroma of our gorgeous Lust Perfume.
- Real sex appeal: Known as an aphrodisiac, jasmine absolute puts the lust into Lustre.
I have no words…. it smells amazing. Like a musky scent that was kicked in the gut by a bright jasmine. This by no means is a light-frilly scent, its more of a sexy ‘I pack a punch’ scent, and I LOVE IT. It’s so sparkly, the gold shimmer makes my skin look and feel spectacular. I’ve worn it about town to a couple of events, and I can tell you it makes me feel a lot sexier. Its like High-Heels in a bottle!
Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner Supremely moisturizing skin conditioner
- Absolute Bliss: Wash with Turkish Delight Shower Smoothie before conditioning with Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner for the ultimate in shower luxury.
- Moroccan treasure: Argan oil is incredibly softening on the skin and has been used in Morocco for hundreds of years.
- Smooth moves: Use this at night before you put on your pajamas and sink into slumber with soft, rose-scented skin.
Can I admit something to you? I was using this ALL WRONG, and it still worked like a charm. At first, I wasn’t the biggest fan of this… I thought the smell was a little much, and I wasn’t impressed. To me, it didn’t smell anything like roses, and there were a couple different noses smelling different things around my house. If you goto the site and look at everything that’s in here, it would make sense why you could smell different hints of other notes in the fragrance. But all-in-all this is a rose scented item.
Anyway, I ended up falling in love with this even though we had that whole love hate thing going on in the beginning. Once I started using it as a conditioner for my body in the shower, and not a lotion when I got out of the shower we started getting along a lot better. (I know, I know read the directions Michelle… GOOD JOB!) I learned very quickly that I could love it just as much as the others, and the roses started coming through in the scent the more I used it. This was a Hit!
Disclaimer: I am not being paid by LUSH , or by anyone else to ‘promote a product’. I was sent products for review, I personally try them and write-up a review’s based on my own personal experience’s and opinion’s. This is my true thoughts on these products based on the application, smell, texture, and usage. Affairs Magazine makes every attempt to provide an honest opinion about the products that we recommend. This includes providing an opinion of a specific product and educating readers regarding the benefits, drawbacks and other useful information about these products.